Monday, November 18, 2013

License Plates: Out With The Old! In With The New!

The State of Texas hath determined and decreed that license plates shall be replaced every seven years. So, today was a sad day for me as I had to replace the original license plates I got with my F150 in Deceember 2006.  The new plates have seven-digit letter/number possibilities while the old plates had only six-digit combinations.

The new plates are pretty boring, just black and white, but at least there is a lone star, an outline of the Great State of Texas, and the motto "The Lone Star State." Still, kinda boring imho.

The old plates had a few colors, a picture of the space shuttle, seven stars commemorating the seven Challenger astronauts, a crescent moon, a Texas flag in the shape of Texas, a cowboy on horseback, some yucca plants, and a couple of oil derricks.


In my opinion, I think my old plates would have lasted a few more years, but what do I know.

If you're from a SOTT (state other than Texas), what are the rules where you live? Do you have pretty license plates?

No comments: