Monday, November 19, 2012

Update on Dad Via a Dream



I had an interesting dream last night, and I want to share it because it left me with such a feeling of peace, comfort, and acceptance. In the dream, dad's brother, Leonard, and his wife, Leona, came for a visit. Leonard and Leona both passed away years ago. They visited with dad for a while, but I was not privy to their visit or discussion. After they left, dad came out of the room and he had been physically restored to my memory of him when he was in his 30s and I was a pre-teen. He was young again, strong, and he was almost running around. He was carrying his walker with him, and the last thing I remember before waking was dad looking at the walker with a puzzled look on his face.

I'm sure psychiatrists and professional dream-ologists would have a field day with this dream, but I know in my heart and soul that the message to us is an affirmation of faith and a reminder that dad's soul is destined for an eternity of love, peace, and contentment.